About Eravikulam National Park (Rajamala)
Is the covid certificate mandatory for tourist entry in Eravikulam National park ( Rajamala) ?
" Yes, As per Covid 19 protocol Vaccination ( atlist one ) /covid negative certificate is mandatory for tourist entry in Eravikulam national park" .
The most sought after destination in Munnar is the Eravikulam National Park, the first of its kind in Kerala, where the endangered Nilgiri Thar is protected. Spread over 97 sq. km.,
What is eravikulam national park famous for?
This park holds the largest viable population of Tahr, several other species of rare animals, birds and butterflies. The park offers a magnificent view of the tea plantations and also of the rolling hills caressed by blankets of mist. The park becomes a hot destination when the hill slopes get covered in a carpet of blue, resulting from the flowering of Neelakurinji. It is a plant endemic to this part of the Western Ghats which blooms once in twelve years.
Rajamala is the tourism zone of Eravikulam National Park and is a place where one can see Nilgiri Tahr at close quarter.The tourism zone will be closed in calving season during Feb – March every year. Visitors can get assured sighting of Nilgiri Tahr, feel the kurinji and experience the shola grassland eco system. Visitors will be picked from 5th Mile on safari buses and dropped back. The park have restaurants, eco shops and an amenity centre.
Which animal is protected in eravikulam National Park?
This National Park is declared for the protection & conservation of the Nilgiri Tahr; which is an endangered species. This park holds the largest viable population of Tahr, several other species of rare animals, birds and butterflies.
Entry time: 8:00 am – 4.00 pm
Visiters entry is us per ticket.
- Indian Adults – 200/-, Kids -150, Foreign Nationals – 500/-, Ordinary Camera – 50/-, Video Camera – 350/-
- Advance Reservation fee Rs 50/-
Visiters how to get in to the parak?
Visitors’ entry as per ticket. Park vehicle near ticket counter on own risk (but parking space is available). Online ticket / advance ticket holders are admitted into the Virtual que. This are directly going to park van. If no advance ticket, All visitors need to wait in the que and get ticket then boarding to park van us per availability.
How to reach to Eravikulam national parak?
The park is accessible from Kochi (Kerala) and Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) Airports, which are located at about 148 km and 175 km respectively. Munnar, the nearest town (13 km) is well connected by roads from Kerala and Tamil Nadu. The nearest Railway Station in Kerala is Aluwaye (120 km) and Coimbatore (160 km) in Tamil Nadu.
Is the pets allowed in Eravikulam National park or Rajamala?
Inside the Park, do not keep pet animals, firearms, traps, poisonous or any other substance which is injurious to the wildlife.
- Parking Available
- Entrance fee
- Toilet Available
- Food available for Purchers
- Camera/Video allowed extra chargable
- Resting & siting area available
- Wearing of shoes allowed
- While on safari, sighting of wildlife is absolutely based on chance; not certain.;
- Carrying of food and beverage items into the Park is prohibited.
- Do not litter the park; leave your foot prints only.;
- Smoking, consumption of alcohol and other contrabands inside the Park is prohibited.
- Feeding, teasing, disturbing wild animals is strictly prohibited.
- While inside the Park, do not keep pet animals, firearms, traps, poisonous or any other substance which is injurious to the wildlife.
- Do not play music, honk or speak loudly and carry plastic materials inside the park as the Park is a Plastic free zone.
Publish your photos here to send us email@example.com