About TATA Tea Museum
Tata Tea Museum
The Tata tea museum is the first tea museum of India . It is also known as the Kanandevan Hills Plantation tea Museum. The museum was opened on Ist April 2005. The tea Museum preserves and displays the journey of Munnar from a stretch of land amidst the hills to the present Munnar which is known for the tea plantations . The museum highlights the photographs that display the history of Munnar in its growth as a plantation town . It also exhibits some displays that throw light on the efforts of the planters who dared to convert this forest land to a plantation town.
The tea museum also displays the rotor vane, an old tea roller used in CTC type tea processing. This roller of the olden times is a marvel even to those associated with the modern tea industry. There is a CTC tea manufacturing unit used in the olden times in the tea museum. The museum also displays the Pelton wheel , used at the power generation plant set up in 1920. It also exhibits the infrastructural development from old Munnar to the major tea producing centre in the country.
The museum also has a large sundial made in 1913. The museum exhibits the classic furniture used in the bunglows and offices of the plantations.. hus the visitors to this place get an idea of the lifestyle of the people associated with plantations then .. The museum also shows a documentary movie of about 25 mins to show how Munnar grew from a mere stretch of land to the present plantation town . The museum also shows how fresh green tea leaves are converted to tea leaves to be used . After the interesting trip through the tea museum , we get to taste different flavours of tea that refreshes us.
What is the visiting time to the tea Museum ?
- The Tata tea museum remains closed on all Mondays , on all other days it is works from 9 am to 4 pm.
- The tea museum offers two shows one at 10 am and the other at 2pm.
What is the best time to visit the Tata tea museum?
- If one enjoys the chilling weather of the winter , then November to February will be a good time to visit . Though the weather is a little warmer with occasional rain , March to May is also a good time to visit Tata tea Museum , Munnar . However it is good to avoid the monsoon.
How to reach Tata tea museum ?
- The Tata Tea Museum is just 12 kms from Munnar town . Munnar town offers cab facilities to reach this destination.
- The nearest airport is the Cochin International airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Aluva railway station.
|Opening time:||9.30 AM|
|Closing time:||5 PM|
|Address:||KDHP House, NH 49, Nullatanni, Munnar, Kerala 685612|
|Contact Number:||+914865 255000|
|Email Id :||email@example.com|
Publish your photos here to send us firstname.lastname@example.org