Meesapulimala Day Trekking
The Meesapulimala trek has two major trails. The shorter trail is around 11kms from the KFDC base camp through the Rhodo valley and the other is the 15 kms long trail from Kurangini. The Meesapullimala trekking can be organized through the Kerala Forest Development Corporation office in Munnar. The booking for the Meesapullimala trekking is limited. The most popular trekking trail is the 11 Km route from the KFDC base camp. The KFDC base camp is about 24 kms from Munnar. The journey to the base camp is also exciting. A 4 km bumpy drive in jeeps is also provided to the trekkers who would like to keep the trekking short. On this way, one comes across the Pandava cave where Pandavaas of the epic Mahabharata lived during their exile. Tents are available to those who wish to spend a night in tents. All these trekking and camping facilities are provided by the KFDC. The KFDC also provides an expert guide to accompany the trekkers. From the Rhodo valley the trekking begins through the rough and rugged trail and the criss crossing streams, climbing up the Meesapulimala hills. Finally the overjoyed trekkers reach the top of the MeesaPulimala to et the view of the fluffy clouds , surrounding hills and the spectacular view of the Kurinji Waterfalls and amazing nature .Around 40 to 60 people are allowed trekking to Meesapullimala each day ,with an entry pass issued at the KFDC office.
Reporting station : Tourist Facilitation Centre - Floriculture Center Mattupatty Road, Munnar.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges,Entry fee, Trekking , quick food, Guide.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax).
- Bottled water & Professional guide from KFDC
- Transportation to/from attractions. Transportation from Munnar to base camp and return ( buy jeep is good- one jeep can accommodate maximum 8 ppls it is 4000/-)
- Need to book one day before
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking & our team will connect you for Id proof and more details .
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at Munnar, are included on your Confirmation from our team. Our team members select only the most experienced and reliable operators in Munnar, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Departure time 06.30 am Duration 5-7 hours (approx.) Return : Munnar Town
Related enquierys ,
Is the Meesapulimala trek is hard trek?
- Yes the Meesapulimala trek is a hard trek.
Publish your photos here to send us email@example.com